veterinary online: Scapula bone
Bones together, flat and asymmetric. It forms with the clavicle shoulder girdle.
It is located on the posterior surface of the rib cage, pressed against the ribs 7 and 2.
It is structured:
- with the clavicle upwards and inwards by the articular surface of the acromion.
- top outside forward by the glenoid with the humeral head.
- There is a syssarcose between the anterior and posterior of the scapula of the rib cage.
Point downwards, forward concavity, smooth pear shaped outwards.
General anatomical shape
- Bone thin, triangular, it has three edges, two faces, 3 pools and 3 angles:
- Edges: upper, lateral or axillary, medial or spinal.
- Faces: anterior or costal or dorsal posterior.
- Septic: supra and infra thorny on the posterior surface, subscapular to the front.
- Angles: greater than (2nd side), medium (4th side), lower (7th coast).
- The glenoid cavity is pear-shaped having an angle of anteversion with respect to the body.
- Presence of a fibro-cartilage at the periphery of the glenoid, the labrum. Triangular cutting, it increases the concavity of the cavity.
- The spine
- the acromion
- the lower tip
- the medial
- the coracoid process.
- Suprascapular nerve: in the transverse ligament
- Suprascapular artery: above the transverse ligament
- Circumflex artery of scapula
- Fracture of the scale of the scapula (no downtime).
- Fracture of the neck of the scapula (shoulder surgery may be necessary).
- Scapula alata in paralysis of the serratus anterior.